- Papworth Everard, CB23 3RG
- Reasonable expenses agreed in advance will be paid.
Papworth Trust is a leading disability charity. Our vision is a world where disabled people are seen for what they can do, and our mission is for disabled people to have equality, choice and independence.
Our Fundraising Team are responsible for raising crucial funds for our organisation. These funds help to support our services and disabled people.
The role is to provide administrative and organisational support to the fundraising team.
As a fundraising volunteer, you will be required to perform a number of tasks including but not exclusively;
- Telephone research to establish contact details for written and electronic communication in respect of fundraising activities including schools, colleges, community groups, running clubs etc
- Creation of electronic databases from data acquired through research
- Coordinate the compilation of promotional materials for use at fundraising events
- Supporting individual member companies with their fundraising events as required (proving resources, thanking donations raised, etc.)
- Support fundraising staff by dealing with incoming enquiries relevant to fundraising activities
- Confident using the internet to research contacts
- Able to use Microsoft office packages – Excel, Word and Outlook for email.
- Polite and professional telephone manner
- Team player, ability to work with, and accept direction from other team members
- Self-motivated, with ability to use initiative when working independently
- Good attention to detail
- Creative eye to help with promotion
As a fundraising volunteer you will gain and develop a range of skills and experiences, including;
- Opportunity to utilise research and analytical skills within a professional environment
- Awareness of how to deal with enquiries from companies and individuals
- Team work skills, you will have to liaise with other fundraising staff as well as external stakeholders
- Experience of working within an office environment
- Development of computer skills, using Excel, Word, Email and databases within professional environment
- Online training courses on fundraising database, Raiser’s Edge.
- Knowledge about how our fundraising team works
- Support from fundraising colleagues.