Business Development Volunteer
- Papworth Everard, CB23 3RG
Papworth Trust is a leading disability charity. Our vision is a world where disabled people are seen for what they can do, and our mission is for disabled people to have equality, choice and independence. Our work includes providing a range of high quality services for disabled and disadvantaged people and campaigning for changes that disabled people want.
The Development team supports our services by securing new business opportunities for us, and by retaining existing contracts and statutory funding that underpins the services we offer to disabled people. The team also incorporates our Fundraising team, providing a range of opportunities to get involved with how we support more people to be seen for what they can do.
The team is friendly, open and honest and are looking for an individual who can provide support with a number of exciting short-term projects.
The Development Team role would perfectly suit someone with an interest in business development or sales who is looking to develop experience and expertise with a leading pan-disability charity.
- Identify gaps in existing service provision in terms of geography or specialism
- Research potential delivery partners who we could work with to deliver services
- Assist with the development and implementation of policy
- Providing general support to the business development team
- Research funding opportunities
- Work with the fundraising executive
Skills, qualities and qualifications required:
- Some knowledge of the third sector or disability would be beneficial
- IT literate, including good knowledge of MS Office programs
- Positive attitude to being part of a team
- Enthusiasm, curiosity and a desire to learn
Benefits for the volunteer:
- Gain insight into the business development function of the organisation
- Develop knowledge of third sector, disability and public sector procurement