We promise we will:
* Treat you fairly, with respect and consideration
* Be polite, helpful, open and honest in our communications
* Listen to you and respond positively to what you are telling us
* Respect your confidentiality where possible
* Do what we say we are going to do
* Deliver good quality, affordable services
* Organise our services around your needs, when and where you want them
* Make sure you can access information, advice and services easily
* Provide you with easy-to-understand, and up-to-date information about our services
* Try wherever possible to answer your enquiry at the first point of contact
* Take action promptly to answer your enquiry or resolve your complaint
* Communicate clearly without using confusing jargon and acronyms.
When you telephone us we promise to:
* Answer your call within 20 seconds of the first ring
* Answer your call in person. If this is not possible you will always be able to leave a message for someone to return your call
* Tell you the name of the service area and who you are speaking to
* Provide you with the right contact details
* Return your phone calls within 1 working day.
When you visit our website we promise to:
* Make it and our other online facilities easy for you to use
* Provide contact numbers for the service you require
* Make sure the information is accurate, easy to find and up to date.
When you write to us we promise to:
* Acknowledge receipt by writing to you within 10 days
* If your enquiry needs further investigation due to its complexity, our letter will clearly state the timescale outlining when a full response can be expected (this should normally be within 20 working days)
* Tell you in our letter who is dealing with your enquiry
* Provide you with contact details and an enquiry number should you need further advice.
Complaints, comments and compliments
We want to hear from you if you have a complaint, or wish to make a comment or compliment.
We promise to:
* Acknowledge your feedback within 3 working days
* Try to resolve complaints informally and as soon as possible
* Help you by taking your complaint details over the telephone if you want to
* Provide a full and final written response to you within 20 working days, or another timescale which we will have agreed with you.