If you or a family member are leaving hospital and don’t have someone nearby, we can help by:
- meeting you when you arrive home
- potentially moving beds downstairs
- testing any personal alarm systems or hospital equipment
- checking that you have access to your medication
- shopping for necessities such as tea, milk and bread
- checking that your heating is working.
If you can’t leave hospital because your home is not suitable for your health needs, we can help.
We can carry out minor alterations to help you live as independently as possible at home and to help prevent readmission to hospital. For example, we can move beds downstairs, or fit grab rails or key safes.
All our staff and volunteers have enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) checks.
How to get help from Papworth Trust
Please call us on 0800 952 5000 or you can talk to hospital staff to let them know about any changes that you need at home and that you would like us to contact you.
We will let you know if we think you may be eligible for any grants or funding, and can help you to apply for them.
To find out more please call 0800 952 5000, email email@example.com, or use our service finder on the left to see what we offer in your area.