Activities Volunteer - providing support to adults with learning disabilities
- Ipswich, IP4 1BN
- At least half a day a week, any day Monday - Friday: 9:30am-12:30pm or 1:30-3:30pm
- Agreed in advance expenses reimbursed
Papworth Trust’s centres in Ipswich offer disabled adults the opportunity to try a range of activities in a fun and friendly atmosphere.
We offer a programme of stimulating activities including arts and crafts, music, gardening, woodwork, drama and many more. Our clients also enjoy a variety of activities in and around the town, including swimming, bowling and coffee groups.
By providing our clients with additional support you will help them get the most out of our activities and assist people to develop their confidence and life skills.
- Assist clients with participating in activities set by the session leader.
- Depending on the group size and requirements you may be asked to either support people on a one-to-one basis or help oversee a small group.
- Support clients of varying abilities to complete tasks set by the tutor.
- Inspire customers to do the very best they can with every activity.
- Encourage clients to express themselves and to interact well with others.
- Reassure and support clients to remain safe if they need time away from the group.
- Assist with setting up and packing away at the start and end of the session.
Volunteers will not be assisting people with their personal care.
Skills and qualities required:
- Good communication skills - verbal and non-verbal
- Friendly and approachable
- Work well in a team environment
- Able to follow instruction
How to apply:
Please download and complete the Volunteer Application form and the Diversity and Equality form on the left hand side of this page.
Then email your forms to firstname.lastname@example.org, or post them to: FREEPOST RRXK-CTTT-KELH, Volunteer Co-ordinator, Papworth Trust, Papworth Everard, Cambridgeshire, CB23 3RG
For more information please see our FAQs for volunteers or call the team on 01480 357 292.