Creative arts volunteer - support adults with learning disabilities to enjoy music, singing, drama etc
- Huntingdon, PE29 3RR
- Wednesday afternoons 1.30pm – 4.00pm and / or Thursdays 9.30am – 12pm or 1.30pm – 4.00pm
- Agreed in advance expenses reimbursed
We are looking for a volunteer to support our disabled clients in a range of creative arts sessions such as music, song and drama writing, and performance.
Your support will help people express themselves and develop their creative flair. You may also enable them to try activities that might otherwise be inaccessible to them.
- Assist clients with participating in activities set by the session leader.
- Depending on the group size and requirements you may be asked to either support people on a one-to-one basis or help oversee a small group.
- Support clients of varying abilities to complete tasks set by the tutor.
- Inspire customers to do the very best they can with every activity.
- Encourage clients to express themselves and to interact well with others.
- Reassure and support clients to remain safe if they need time away from the group.
- Assist with setting up and packing away at the start and end of the session.
Volunteers will not be assisting people with personal care.
Personal qualities required:
- Good communication skills - verbal and non-verbal
- Friendly and approachable
- Work well in a team environment
- Able to follow instruction
Benefits of Volunteering:
Become part of a passionate and supportive team.
Help make a real difference to the lives of disabled and disadvantaged people.
Gain new experiences and develop skills and confidence.
Meet new people.
Spend your time doing something that is worthwhile and rewarding
Reimbursement of reasonable travel expenses
Certificated training provided to prepare you for your role
Day to day support from a designated member of staff
How to apply:
Please download and complete the Volunteer Application form and the Diversity and Equality form on this page.
Then email your forms to firstname.lastname@example.org, or post them to: FREEPOST RRXK-CTTT-KELH, Volunteer Co-ordinator, Papworth Trust, Papworth Everard, Cambridgeshire, CB23 3RG
For more information please see our FAQs for volunteers or call the team on 01480 357 292.
If you would like this information in another format, please let us know.