Task Force Handyperson
- Leicester - Evington, Wycliffe, Belgrave, Spinney Hills and Thurncourt
- Flexible, individual tasks may take 2-5 days in one week
- Agreed in advance expenses reimbursed
Papworth Trust, as a partner of the Leicester 'Ageing Together' Programme, will be delivering a ‘task force’ to disabled older people within Leicester City to bring people’s homes up to a good standard of maintenance.Most of the tasks will be one-off or short-term projects focussing on an individual’s home, and you will be working in a team of volunteers led by a Task Force Supervisor.Tasks could include:
- Painting and decorating
- Clearing rubbish
- Basic plumbing
- DIY tasks e.g. fitting bolts, minor repairs
Skills, and qualities required:
- Physically able to carry out the type of tasks described
- Willing and able to follow health and safety and other guidelines
- Comfortable working in a team
- Some handyperson-related ability is desirable but not-essential, enthusiasm is more important!
Benefits of volunteering:
- Become part of a passionate and supportive team.
- Help make a real difference to the lives of older and disadvantaged people.
- Gain new experiences and develop skills and confidence.
- Meet new people.
- Spend your time doing something that is worthwhile and rewarding
- Reimbursement of reasonable travel expenses
- Day to day support from a designated member of staff
- Have fun!
How to apply:
Please download and complete the Volunteer Application form and the Diversity and Equality form on the left hand side of this page.
Then email your forms to firstname.lastname@example.org, or post them to: FREEPOST PLUS RTSZ-LZHL-AAHY ,Papworth Home Solutions,51b Kenilworth Drive,Oadby,Leicester LE2 5LT
For more information please see our FAQs for volunteers or call the team on 0116 2729960.